Thursday, May 22, 2008

Well that's a surprise!

I'm down another pound ... and I did everything wrong this week.

After my mother's surgery last Thursday, things went downhill fast. The day after the procedure, I ate my way through an entire sleeve of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches while I sat and watched TV -- kind of defeats the purpose of the "skinny" cow, huh? And then I gorged myself on Chick-fil-A sandwiches on Saturday instead of eating what I normally eat there -- a salad. There there were pretzels, gummy bears, an entire Baby Ruth bar, a half-package of Twizzlers ... the ugly list goes on and it didn't stop until yesterday.

And I lost a pound anyway.

I'm sure I'll pay for it at the next weigh-in but today I'm much better ... less panicky, less worried. I'm also eating within my point range and back to being accountable for what I'm putting in my mouth. I can't change what I did and what I ate. I can only try to make better decisions moving forward.

Someone told me today, "Just build a bridge and get over it." So that's what I'm going to do ...

0 comments: