Thursday, May 1, 2008

Still on track ... 1 more pound gone.

I had another good week ... with this week's loss, I'm down a total of 23.6 pounds. To be honest, I was hoping for a little more of a loss so that I could stay on my mini-goal track of losing 6 pounds each month. But I'm not too far off that goal -- which is a minor miracle considering the two gains I had last month -- and I think if I continue to do what I'm doing, I can easily make up that .4 pound loss this month.

The cool thing in all this is that I'm less than 5 pounds away from reaching my 10% weight loss goal! Woohoo!

Besides losing a full pound, I'm also really proud of the fact that I walked six and a half miles on Sunday for the March of Dimes March for Babies! It's been a looooooooong time since I've incorporated that kind of activity into my life, and it really felt great. I can't wait for the weather to be warmer so that I can consistently get more exercise in. I'm not ready for a gym membership or anything crazy like that, but I think it would be fun to take the kids out for more walks in the afternoon ...

So this week, I'm going to focus on drinking more water (I feel like I'm just doing the minimum these days and I really should drink more) and I'm going to get better at tracking my activity. Here's hoping for another loss next week!

0 comments: