Thursday, February 14, 2008

Still losing in spite of me.

I lost .4 pounds this week. Not a big drop, but considering the week I've had, I'm not disappointed. My husband and I had a belated birthdays celebration. We went for a very yummy (but not so low-cal) dinner at Red Stone American Grill, and then we saw the Blue Man Group. It was a fantastic night out -- something we don't get to do often with two toddlers at home. I tried to make good food choices out, but I could have done better. I had the Jerk Grouper -- a light flaky fish that is low in fat/calories. But I had a cream of wild mushroom soup for an appetizer along with some awesome flatbread which kind of negated the goodness of the fish. Then I just had to have some blue cotton candy at the concert. *sigh* I'm obviously still new at this healthy eating lifestyle.

I also had my share of stress this week. My mom got a preliminary diagnosis for breast cancer on Tuesday. She has to go for a biopsy and an MRI within the next couple of weeks, then we'll know for sure what we're looking at. To be honest, after that news, I'm lucky I didn't eat myself into oblivion. It's the only way I've ever dealt with stress in the past. So the fact that I managed to still lose .4 pounds is a minor victory for me.

This week, my goals are to (1) write down everything I put in my mouth, (2) drink all my water, and (3) spread my points throughout the day so that I don't have so much left over at night.

0 comments: