Friday, February 8, 2008

11.4 lbs gone in 5 weeks.

I'm now 271.2 pounds, my pants are getting loose and I'm still feeling empowered/positive. This is good stuff. But last week, my weigh-in only showed a .8 loss and I was a little discouraged. The following week I stopped being so diligent about writing down everything I ate (which is not good) BUT I also didn't binge or make unhealthy food choices (which is good). The result was a 2 pound loss. Not bad, but I have a hard time feeling like I "earned" it because I didn't drink all my water, nor did I write down everything I ate. I also didn't plan what I was going to eat when we went out to dinner. All big no-no's if I'm going to be successful in the long run. I'm not going to beat myself up over it but I also can't continue making those choices if I'm going to have any success at this. I need get back on track and stay focused on the prize.

Looking back on the past two week, I realize that a big weakness of mine is to snack after dinner and before bed. I do keep the calorie and point allotment in check but I know it will help me in the long run if I stop the snacking and shift those calories into healthier morning and midday meal choices instead. Also, my kids' bedtime is between 7:00 and 7:30 pm. I've found that I'm staying up longer and longer at night to stretch out my "me" time, but that's when I do my most snacking. I realize I need to go to bed earlier and I'll be able to avoid all the snacking I do at night.

So -- moving forward -- my goals for this week are to (1) go to bed earlier so that my snacking decreases (2) go back to writing down everything I eat and (3) drink all my water.

0 comments: