Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Health is my #1 Priority

I started this journey as part of my New Year Resolution. Like a bazillion other people in the world, I wanted to lose weight in 2008. Heck, it even rhymes!

However, at the time I had no idea how important it would become for me to succeed. And in the month since I've joined Weight Watchers, my aunt was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that is now in her liver and my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.

In a nutshell, I've been scared straight.

So in addition to eating healthier and moving more, I've got doctors appointments lined up in the next couple of weeks. I'm getting screened for breast cancer and colon cancer. In addition, I have a complete physical scheduled. I'm only 36.

I'm praying that the only thing that's wrong with me is my weight. I can fix that ... scratch that ... I am fixing that. But cancer better not get in my way. I have two beautiful babies and a husband that need me. I need to be healthy for them. I have no time for cancer.

0 comments: