Saturday, March 1, 2008

A minor set-back ...

So this week I gained 1.6 pounds. Ugh. I'm so annoyed with myself. I know exactly where I went wrong. There was that child's birthday party I attended with the yummy, greasy mini hot dogs in phyllo dough and then the brownies that I made with my kids that I resisted for a good 24 hours before I caved and ate half the tray. I don't even want to get into the amount of stress that I've felt over the last week ... more bad news from my mom's oncologist and the anticipation of additional surgeries in her battle against breast cancer.

So I'm taking this as a sign -- a sign that I can't ever just have one piece of anything sinful. I just don't have the will power yet to limit myself like that. When I'm under this kind of stress, and have unhealthy food in front of me, I will always give myself permission to eat as much as I can until I'm numb. Hell, that's what got me into this mess in the first place!

While I'm pissed at myself for allowing a gain this past week, I'm looking at it as a learning experience. I have to remember that my journey to lose weight is going to be a long one, and that there are going to set-backs. That's just life. But as long as I stay focused and committed to this journey, the weight will continue to come off.

Moving forward this week, I will get back on track by focusing on the basics. I will drink all my water. I will not go over on my daily points allowance (I won't even tap into my flex points) and I will avoid all unhealthy food choices until I feel strong enough to resist them.

With a little luck and a lot of commitment, I hope to post a loss of more than 1.6 pounds next week.

0 comments: